Carbon Monoxide - A Silent Killer
Beware of Carbon Monoxide in Your Home!
Carbon Monoxide is challenging to detect and is often called the silent killer. You can't see or smell carbon monoxide. It has no smell, color, or taste. However, at high levels, it can poison or kill a person or pets in minutes.
It is essential to recognize the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. They can include a dull headache, dizziness, muscle weakness, confusion, nausea or vomiting, blurred vision, confusion or heart, and respiratory diseases. If you suspect any of your symptoms are related to carbon monoxide, move to fresh air and get out of your home immediately — call 911. The experts will come and access any issues you may have in your home.
It is crucial to inspect all fuel-burning appliances, fireplaces, wood stoves, etc. by a trained professional every year. They can ensure that your home is safe. It is also vital to have carbon monoxide detectors in your home. There are many options available and are easy to install and test regularly.
At SERVPRO of Gilbert, we are concerned about your families safety.
What The Haboob?
Arizona Desert Haboob! We can help with storm damage!
It is essential to know that whether you are visiting or a resident of Arizona - Haboobs or Dust Storms can pose a real danger! So, what is a Haboob? It is an Arizona dust storm that is caused when cold air from a thunderstorm rushes toward the ground. The mix of desert heat and cold air causes large amounts of dust and sand to create a massive cloud. While most dust storms can be small, there have been very large haboobs in the Valley area.
It is important to know a few Haboob Safety tips!
- If you are caught outside, take a piece of cloth and cover your nose and mouth. If you can dampen the fabric, do so. Keep your sunglasses or glasses on. Shield your head with your arms or any shelter you have available like a backpack, blanket, or pillow. Do not try to outrun the storm; it is easy to get lost.
- Just like a severe rainstorm or monsoon, do not drive. If you find yourself on the road, pull over to the right side. Turn your engine off and close all windows and vents. Cover your face with fabric and put your sunglasses or glasses on to protect your eyes.
- If you are at home and have time, try to secure lawn furniture or items that can be carried off in the wind. Close and lock all windows and doors. Do not go outside until the storm is over.
- You should wait until the storm has subsided before you attempt to leave your place of safety. The impacts of a Haboob or dust storm can last for days after. Your security and the safety of your family and pets are the primary concern. It is normal to want to head outside after a storm but wait until you are sure the danger has passed.
The after-effects of a storm can last for days. Should you suffer storm damage from a dust storm or Haboob, call SERVPRO of Gilbert (480) 558-7620 . We offer board-up services and are available to help 24/7 for all your restoration and storm damage concerns.
Irrigation Systems Can Cause Interior Water Damage
Commercial and residential flooding is most associated with floods, heavy rains, broken water pipes, overflowing appliances. Sprinkler systems can have a severe impact on your home or business.
A movable lawn sprinklers or irrigation systems can cause water damage. It does not take long to destroy the interior of your home or commercial property with not only water but the potential of mold growth if it is not treated adequately by professionals.
To prevent this from happening.
- Have your irrigation system at a minimum checked annually
- Walk around your property to see if there is puddling around a sprinkler head
- Make sure that your irrigation system delivers an equal amount of water in each area and that it does not overshoot the area.
- Make sure that you keep a close eye on lawn and garden movable sprinklers
- Do not allow your hoses to run alongside the structure of your home or business.
- If there is a leak at the outdoor water spigot, have it checked by a licensed professional
Movable sprinklers and irrigation systems do make your home or business look beautiful by caring for your lawn and gardens. However, failure to maintain and take care of these systems could lead to costly water damage and mold growth.
If you suffer from a flood, water, or mold damage, SERVPRO of Gilbert is here to help. Call our professionally trained technicians 24/7 at (480) 558-7620.
Where Can You Find Kitchen Mold?
Mold Strikes In the Kitchen
Mold is found in both the interior and exterior of your home. Mold spores thrive on moisture, dark places, and oxygen supply. Mold thrives in temperatures between 72 to 82 degrees. There is no specific amount water or humidity that mold needs to survive. If it is a little damp or very humid mold can grow.
Many times mold will begin to grow in places that you cannot see. It can grow inside walls due to water lines and other plumbing pipes that have been cracked or separated. Condensation on plumbing lines and a high humidity environment can lead to the growth of mold.
Commonly mold is found in kitchens. Some of the primary sources of water can be:
- Dishwasher leaks
- Sink supply and drain lines
- Washing Machine supply and drain lines
- Condensation on pipes underneath the sink
- Counter-tops and back-splashes that are not installed
- Wet Cabinets
- Any spills that are not properly cleaned up
There is no need to panic if your home or business has any of these issues. SERVPRO of Gilbert is prepared to restore your home or business from water and mold damage. Call us (480) 558-7620; we are available 24/7 when your water, fire, flood and mold disaster strikes.
Keep Pets Safe During Monsoon Season!
Take Care of Your Fur Babies During Severe Weather!
Monsoons bring very unpredictable weather patterns and unique danger. The dry Arizona deserts are vulnerable to heavy rain, thunderstorms, and fast flooding dangers. Keep your furry friends safe by making sure that you have a pet safety plan in place.
Here are some ideas to help keep your furry friends comfortable and safe during the monsoon season.
- Keep your pets inside. When weather strikes, a pet can become frightened quickly. Make sure that even if you let them outside to do their business that all gates are secured.
- Some pet families consider putting a tight shirt on their pet to reduce anxiety.
- Give them a safe place to wait for the storm out where they feel secure. Providing them with some of their favorite toys or treats may help ease their anxiety.
- Create an emergency pet kit with a leash, food, bowls, fresh water, and any medications.
- Make sure that your pets are kept on a leash and out of washes and fast running water after the storm. Heavy storms lead to flash flooding.
Take a few precautions during monsoon season and your fur baby will thank you.
SERVPRO of Gilbert is ready to support you during monsoon season. Call us in the event of a residential or commercial storm, water or fire damage (480) 558-7620
Water Heater Emergency?
Leaking Water Heater
Water heater emergencies can happen when you least expect it. We understand it can be frustrating and overwhelming, especially when you have water all over the floor and running through your home or business. To help stop the flood of water on to your property, follow these steps to stop the water from flowing:
- Check the area surrounding your water heater to make sure that the source of the water is not coming from somewhere else.
- Turn off the water supply on your water heater. There are two types of values. If you have a gate style valve (looks like a wheel), turn the valve clockwise as far as you can. If you have a ball style value turn it 180 degrees.
- Turn off the power supply at the breaker if you have an electric heater. If you have a gas water heater, look for the gas shut off valve and turn it to the off position.
SERVPRO of Gilbert is here to help you clean and restore your home or business after a water heater disaster. We are here when you need us 24/7 with friendly, professionally trained, and certified technicians to help you recover from the disaster quickly. Call us today at (480) 558-7620
Commercial Emergency Ready Profiles!
Water and fire emergencies and disasters strike without warning. This is why it is critical to plan in advance. A timely response to a crisis can minimize business interruption and lost revenue. It can also save thousands of dollars in reduced damage.
To assist in planning, SERVPRO has developed "Emergency READY Profile ." This helps a business have an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do, whom to call, and what to expect in advance impacted the effects of water and fire damage. SERVPRO’s ERP addresses both incident response and disaster recovery.
Our Emergency Response Profile includes:
- A no-cost assessment of your facility.
- Will contain only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency
- Establishes SERVPRO of Gilbert as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider
- Identifies the change of command for authorizing work to begin establishing local emergency contacts and internal contacts
- Provides facility details like utility and shut-off valve locations, essential areas, and priority contact information such as contractor information, property manager, etc.
- Insurance Information
- Property Overview Information including photos, diagrams, building access information
All of this information is captured and captured for secured private web access for our clients.
Call SERVPRO of Gilbert (480) 558-7620 to have a marketing representative complete your profile today.
Bio-hazards that happen at trauma scenes or loss of life must be handled with compassion and the utmost discretion. When these incidents happen, crime scenes, suicides, natural causes, and other bio-hazards may involve the removal and proper disposal of blood, tissue and other objects that can pose possible health risks to those nearby.
SERVPRO of Gilbert will respond immediately and has specialized training, protective equipment, and experience to clean trauma and crime scenes safely. Our technicians follow strict OSHA and EPA protocols, which help transform an unsafe environment into a clean and safe home or business.
Any site where a traumatic event takes place must be cleaned appropriately as quickly as possible. We are on call 24/7 and available to help if you find yourself in these circumstances. Call us and speak with one of our team members directly at (480) 558-7620. SERVPRO of Gilbert will be there to support and guide you through a difficult situation.
Common Causes of Toilets Flooding
Many times, SERVPRO of Gilbert will have residential customers come home from work or a vacation to find their toilet has flooded their home. When you least expect it, your bathroom can flood. And, It is the last thing you want to deal with after a long day or relaxing time away. Bathroom flooding can happen when you least expect it — causing water damage and frustration for the homeowner.
We have found that some of the most common causes are:
- Clogged drain and pipes
- Malfunctioning Toilet Float
- Supply Line, value and tank leaks
Should you have, a leak or a flood due to a toilet turn off the water supply to your toilet. And, call your local SERVPRO of Gilbert your water damage and restoration certified team. We have years of experience and are happy to help. We understand that emergencies do not happen when it convenient for you. Let us help you get things back to “Like it never even happened.” We are open 24/7 for your call (480) 558-7620.
SERVPRO of Gilbert is monsoon ready! When rain, wind, hail, and dust hit, we know your home or business can be impacted. Unexpected storm damage can be devastating. Our number one priority is to restore the impact of these hazards as quickly as possible.
We recognize that residential and commercial customers need 24/7 service. We understand that hazardous weather, especially during monsoon season, can appear quickly and often times without notices. When you need immediate assistance, you can count on our team day or night.
After a storm, there may be broken windows and doors, exposed exterior walls, and roof leaks. We provide emergency board up services after you have experienced storm damage to keep out excess water. Tarps are available your roof to prevent additional water leaks if dangerous weather conditions continue.
Your home or business needs to be safe. In addition to the traditional emergency services, the professionals at SERVPRO of Gilbert perform a damage assessment and give you recommendations for all of our recovery services. When disaster large or small strikes call SERVPRO of Gilbert (480) 558-7620, we are here to make it "Like it never even happened.”