Commercial Fire Safety
A fire can pose difficult challenges for a large commercial or small business. It not only does it halt business operations and customer relationships but could have adverse impact to equipment, materials and structures which can be disastrous. It is critical as a business owner to not only focus on the health of your business but also on fire prevention, risk and staff education to help reduce the chance of fire damage.
Here are some suggestions to lessen the risk of fire hazards in the workplace.
Have your Fire Marshall or local Fire Department inspect equipment and chemical areas routinely. Make certain that the fire alarm and sprinkler systems are in excellent working order.
Consider purchasing a sprinkler system if you do not have one. According to NFPA, “Sprinkler systems were effective at controlling 96% of fires in which they operated.
If there are old appliances on site, it is time to think about replacing them.
Unplug small appliances over the weekend – coffee makers and microwaves.
Make sure that the appliances are given plenty of room to breathe. This includes mechanical rooms. This area should always be neat and free from clutter.
Make sure that your employees know where the fire extinguishers are located in the building. And know how to use them.
Have an evacuation plan.
Do not allow smoking in or around the building.
Make sure to keep all doors closed during business hours. This is not only for security but the fire safety.
Just like at home make sure that the garbage is taken out daily.
At SERVPRO of Gilbert, we know how devastating a fire can be to your business. Our team of professional technicians have helped several businesses recover small to extensive fire clean up damage. We will remove the debris, cleanup the area, help improve air quality, remove odor, clean water damage as well as store and clean your property. Our goal is to return your site to the pre-fire condition.
Call SERVPRO of Gilbert for all your commercial fire and water restoration needs. (480) 558-7620
Why Choose SERVPRO of Gilbert
Disasters can be catastrophic for homes and businesses. Whether caused by water, fire, or storms, they can turn your world upside down. Even the strongest of us can feel helpless, not knowing where to turn after a catastrophe. But fortunately for you, SERVPRO of Gilbert ready to help you.
Why choose SERVPRO of Gilbert when all the other companies make the same claims? Your property is probably the biggest investment that you will ever make, it is important to choose a company with the knowledge, equipment experience and reputation you can trust to return your property to its preloss condition or even better. We make your disaster "Like it never even happened."
Three of the Reasons to Use SERVPRO of Gilbert
1. Training –We’re trained to IICRC’s high standards in fire and water cleanup and restoration, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and other cleaning and restoration courses. Our industry professionals regularly attend SERVPRO continuing education classes locally and at the corporate offices.
2. Equipment – Our equipment is up to the standards set by IICRC. We use moisture detection, measurement, water extraction, drying, odor removal and deodorization equipment. This equipment can completely clean and remove the effects of water, mold, soot, smoke, odor and more. The technological advancements have allowed SERVPRO of Gilbert to restore property quickly back to its preloss condition.
3. Experience – SERVPRO has been in business for over 50 years. We have a team of over 1,700 franchises nationwide. The team at SERVPRO of Gilbert provides years of restoration and insurance experience. This knowledge will only increase your experience with us!
When you need to call a disaster restoration company, call SERVPRO of Gilbert (480) 558-7620!
Flood Damage Can Be Devastating!
Storm damage especially from flooding can be devastating. After the flood waters recede, the task of cleaning up begins. It can be challenging because most everyone wants to return to quickly to begin rebuilding.
It is critical that if the flood was serious enough to require evacuation, stay safe upon your return.
Follow these three quick tips before you re-enter the structure:
- Contact your utility companies to make sure that electric and gas a turned off and sewer lines are intact.
- Check for any visible structural damage like loosened or cracked foundation, other cracks or holes in the home in the exterior or interior.
- Check for warping of ceilings or drywall
SERVPRO of Gilbert can help you with this seemingly monumental task. It may not always be as quick as cleaning your belongings and removing the water. Depending on the amount of damage, water can impact wood and drywall that has been either been submerged for a long time or a short period. Left professionally untreated continuing problems like the deterioration of wood and walls as well as the concern for the development of mold.
As one of the largest restoration companies in the valley, we have the extensive inventory of recovery equipment and large skilled and qualified team of professionals that will respond to emergencies and disasters of any size or severity.
We have 24/7 response service, our team offers effective mitigation. Our fast response to water loss emergencies can prevent structural concerns and the formation of hazardous mold colonies.
No matter the emergency or when it occurs, our team can make it “Like it never even happened.”
Call SERVPRO of Gilbert (480) 558-7620 for water damage mitigation and restoration needs.
Dust Storms Can Cause Severe Damage
With storms, a more frequent occurrence over the next several months. One result can be a dust storm also known as a Haboob. These storms are unexpected, unpredictable rushes of air called micro-bursts. They spread out along the ground and sweep along the desert landscape. They are usually a quick burst of high, very powerful winds lasting a few minutes up to an hour. The obvious dangers are loss of visibly, poor breathing conditions, unsafe driving conditions, lack of warning and flying debris. This type of storm can place your home or business at risk for flood damage, fire damage and air quality risk.
There are some safety precautions that can be taken to lessen the effect:
- Close all windows, doors, vents, or any airflow into or out of your home or business.
- If it is safe, remove any items on the property that could become flying debris.
- Listen and follow the directions that the National Weather Service communicates.
SERVPRO of Gilbert places customer satisfaction as our top priority. Local Gilbert area residential and business customers have chosen the professional water damage or fire damage restoration, remediation, mitigation, abatement, reconstruction, and cleanup services that our technicians provide.
Our team is professionally trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications. You can feel confident that our team is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Call SERVPRO of Gilbert (480) 558-7620 for 24/7 service.
“We Are Faster To Any Disaster!”
Water Damage Professionals
Water damage can range from minor to absolutely disastrous. When faced with residential or commercial water damage, SERVPRO of Gilbert is your professional water restoration expert. We are recognized as a trusted leader in the water restoration industry and are a locally owned and operated franchise. Our team has years of experience in both the insurance and water restoration industries.
We offer our customers 24/7 emergency service. Customers will speak directly to a trained SERVPRO professional. We are highly skilled, trained and certified water damage technicians. Customer Service is our top priority.
As a professional water restoration company, we are able to work closely with your insurance agent to ensure that all of the necessary paperwork is provided to them. This allows the restoration process to keep moving forward. Our team will stay in touch with our customers throughout the process so they understand timelines and expectations.
We have a six step water restoration process using advanced technology. Our process is:
- Emergency Contact with our Customer Care Representative
- Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
- Water Removal and Water Extraction
- Drying and Dehumidification
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
We understand that every water disaster is different. SERVPRO of Gilbert is here to provide unique solutions. Call us (480) 558-7620 to help you recover from your next water damage emergency.
Make Sure Smoke Alarms Are In Good Working Order
The first responders in Gilbert, Arizona along with SERVPRO Gilbert are committed to keeping our community a very safe place to live, work and play. It is important to remember that smoke alarms save lives. If they are maintained and in good working order they can play an integral role in saving the lives of your family members. Smoke alarms afford you the opportunity to leave your home quickly.
Understanding simple facts about fires can help save lives.
- Have a fire evacuation plan for your family
- Keep doors closed. This can prevent smoke and fire from spreading quickly.
- Test your smoke alarms monthly. If they are older, replace them especially if they are 10 years or older. There have been so many advances that can help save lives.
- The alarms should be interconnected. If one alarm sounds, they all sound – alerting your family to potential dangers.
- When an alarm sounds, move quickly and safely outside your home. Treat every alarm as a serious matter.
- In the event of a fire emergency call 911, immediately and stay outside.
- Should there be an unfortunately disaster, call us at SERVPRO of Gilbert. “We are faster to any disaster!” Call us (480) 558-7620
Wildfire Safety Tips
Brush or wildfire fire season begins in April and continues through September. It is important that home and business owners create a well maintained live vegetation zone to prevent damage to homes and businesses. This creates a defensible space. Planted in this area should only be small plants and ground cover. This prevents a continuous path of flammable materials to your home or business.
A few quick tips for wildfire prevention:
- Maintain all landscaping continuously for maximum fire prevention. Removing all dead materials especially grasses and weeds which can spread quickly.
- Make sure that trees are neatly trimmed making sure that there are no dead branches.
- Keep roofs free of any debris
- Do not stack wood or other flammable materials within 30 feet of your home or business.
- Attach a garden hose to your outdoor faucets. This will allow you to have water available should the need arise.
- Make sure that all cigarettes or similar materials in proper receptacles. Do not through cigarettes, etc. on the ground.
When in doubt call your local fire department for a safety inspection.
SERVPRO of Gilbert is ready to help with any fire or water emergency. We are a large loss recovery team able to assist with emergencies small or large. We will remove and debris, offer clean up services for water and fire, air quality improvement, odor removal and other restoration services to help restore your property.
“We’re Faster to Any Disaster”
Call us at (480) 558-7620
Tips for Monsoon Season
Monsoon season will be on us soon. It will begin in June and move through September. Monsoons can cause a whole host of problems for desert dwellers. First and foremost, it is important to remember that some have a tendency to underestimate the force and power of water that can fall quickly and in great amounts. Keeping safe during this season is important for not only your family but your property as well.
Some tips to consider for this monsoon season might be:
- Find out if you live or work in a flood prone area. If you do, have an evacuation plan in place that brings everyone to safety.
- Flood prevention is key. Make sure that you have sandbags, plywood, plastic sheeting and lumber on hand for a water emergency. Store these items in a dry area that is way from water. This way will be able to make quick repairs.
- Secure any outdoor items that could potentially float away.
- Know where the high ground is in your area so you can move to this place of safety quickly should the need arise.
- Make sure to reach out your local insurance agent. Make sure that you have the proper insurance in the event of this type of disaster.
- Call SERVPRO of Gilbert which is locally owned and operated should a flood disaster impact your home or business. Our dedicated team of technicians have many years of experience in the insurance and disaster recovery industry. We will respond to your emergency 24/7 to meet your needs.
“We’re faster to any disaster.”
Call Us Today for your professional disaster recovery needs. (480) 558-7620
Need Restoration Help With Your Commercial Property?
Imagine the panic that you feel as a business owner when you walk into your establishment on Monday morning to find the floor of your business is covered with water. This is what happened to one of our local commercial customers.
If this happens to your commercial business always remember safety first. Turn off all the power in the rooms that are impacted. Never walk through the building with the electricity on or operate any electrical appliance while standing on wet floors. Plus, you do not know if the free standing water is a bio-hazard (sewage) or not.
If you know where your water value key is take it and locate your main water shut off value for value most commercial properties is located outside the building. Using your value key, turn the water to prevent any additional water flow.
Contact your building manager, SERVPRO of Gilbert or plumber.
Water damage can strike commercial property at any time. This damage can keep your business sidelined impacting your customers and business. From major storm events to broken water lines, our professional highly trained water damage restoration technicians at SERVPRO of Gilbert are available 24/7 to help quickly mitigate the damage, preserve valuables and manage any of your restoration needs.
Call us for large or small commercial water damage concerns. (480) 558-7620
We are here when you need us!
Be aware of unsafe areas!
Bio-hazards, crime scene and vandalism cleanup are all issues that SERVPRO of Gilbert can help with quickly. As a recognized leader in fire and water restoration, we also provide fast and reliable bio-hazard, crime scene and vandalism clean-up for both residential and commercial properties.
Exposure to chemical and biological substances can be a very serious health threat to the occupants of a residence or commercial building. Failure to handle and remove bio-hazard materials can lead to an unhealthy and dangerous living or working environment.
At SERVPRO of Gilbert, our professionally trained technicians are able to effectively and safely remove bio-hazardous substances and prepare them for disposal for according to OSHA, EPA, state and local health agencies.
We are equipped to help with
- Blood-borne Pathogens
- Methamphetamine Labs
- Crime Scene
- Sewage Back Up
- Black Water
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation.
Contact us today. We offer 24 hour emergency service. (480) 558-7620