How Smoke Impacts Your Business or Residence
Let us help you with your fire damaged belongings.
Fire can leave your home or business devastated. Even after the fire is extinguished, soot and smoke can leave its mark as a reminder that there was a fire. This is why it is vital that you work with your insurance company and a professional restoration company. Some things to think about that can impact us.
Soot is a black powdery substance that is produced when a fire does not completely burn. Soot attaches to services leaving a very dirty trail. Soot can have an impact on your HVAC system, which can recirculate into the air when the system is turned on. This could impact the quality of air in your home or business. It is important that a professionally trained team cleans your home.
The combination of water and smoke creates a wet black substance, which can be a challenge to clean. It may spread further, causing more damage to your property.
The smell of smoke is not visible. It can be trapped in your furniture, draperies, clothes, and carpets. SERVPRO of Gilbert can treat smoke damage. We will deodorize your belongings meticulously.
If your property sustains smoke and soot damage from a fire, SERVPRO of Gilbert is available 24/7 to help. Our team has serval years of fire restoration experience. We pride ourselves on the customer service we provide our customers during their time of need. We will do so professionally and respectfully.
Call us (480) 558-7620 if you have a fire clean up emergency!
What To Do After A Residential or Commercial Fire
Some essentials to know when you have a residential or commercial fire.
As the weather cools, we heat our homes to stay warm. Sadly, according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), "… structure fires that occurred in 2018, 363,000, or 73 percent, occurred in home structures, including one- and two-family homes, manufactured homes, and apartments."
This is why it is essential to know what do after a fire strikes.
- In the event you need temporary housing, contact your local Red Cross.
- Stay in touch with the fire department. Find out when it is safe to return to your home or business. Keep in mind there could be hidden structural damage. It is best if you wait to enter until a trained professional restoration company is on site.
- Do not turn on utilities until you are told it is safe to do so by the fire department. And, do not turn the services on yourself.
- Contact your insurance company for detailed instructions. They can let you know how to protect your property in the short term; give specific instructions on how to conduct an inventory assessment. They will provide you a list of restoration companies. SERVPRO is a full-service restoration company.
- Save all receipts for any expenditures you may have related to fire loss. The receipts will be needed later by the insurance company to verify your losses.
- Make sure to notify your mortgage company about the fire.
If you do have a fire in your home or business, SERVPRO of Gilbert is available 24/7 to help! We are a certified and trained restoration company who pride ourselves on treating all tragedies with compassion and knowledge.
Call us (480) 558-7620. We are here to help!
Leaking Roofs Can Cause Headaches for Homeowners!
Leaking roofs can cause homeowners' headaches and heartache if they are not repaired properly. So, don't put off the necessary repairs that will keep your family safe. A leaking roof can damage a home's framing and comprise the insulation, which may promote mold growth or potentially create a fire hazard in the long term.
After rainy weather, water can invade your home through the roof, dripping down on the homes' structural elements. If not attended to over time, the wood can deteriorate, causing the roof to sag, the walls to bow, or floors to become waterlogged. The challenge is that even small leaks over time can have the same impact and large leaks. All leaks can be expensive if you put them off. And there are reasons why:
Water leaks can impact the insulation of your home and lessen its effectiveness. Potentially, causing an increase in your utility bills
Damp insulation may be a breeding ground for mold leading to a host of issues.
When water leaks come in contact with electrical wiring, it may create an open circuit which could lead to a house fire
Leaks may cause damage to personal property, especially the precious relics of the past.
When you discover a leak, it is best to attack the problem head-on. That is where SERVPRO of Gilbert can help. Our team of restoration professionals will be there to help 24/7 during any emergency. We will work to restore your property to its preloss condition quickly.
Give us a call (480)-558-7620!
Have A Safe Holiday Season!
Have A Safe and Fire Free Holiday!
November begins the holiday season with Thanksgiving. Family and friends visit to spread holiday cheer. It is important to keep in mind kitchen safety tips that the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). The top ten safety tips are:
- "Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stove top so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey, and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay three feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children — up high in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children alone in room with a lit candle.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks or bags.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button."
At SERVPRO of Gilbert, we wish a joyful and safe holiday season!
How To Keep Fall Fire Free
Keep your family fire free during the fall season.
Fall is one of the most beautiful seasons of the year. Crisp temperatures, beautiful fall colors, and many outdoor activities no matter where you are or where you live. The excitement is building for the upcoming holidays. According to the National Fire Protection Association, NFPA, it is also the time where fire dangers can present themselves. SERVPRO of Gilbert wants all families in our communities to stay safe. Consider following the following safety tips provided by NFPA.
- "Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns
- When choosing costumes, stay away from long trailing fabric
- Teach children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them.
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costumes.
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes. Make sure all smoke alarms are working." (Halloween/NFPA)
At SERVPRO of Gilbert, we want everyone to have a safe and happy fall season. If you have a fire clean-up emergency, we are here to help your family or business 24/7. Please call us (480) 558-7620
Halloween Candy Safety
Have A Safe Halloween Following These Safety Tips!
Halloween is that love by both children and adults. Here are some simple and safe tips for kids and their holiday treats.
Snacking: Give kids a small meal or snack before they hit the streets for trick or treating. The urge to eat candy while out is great. But, children should wait until they get home. As a family you can inspect the candy and treats. Make a game of it by having them sort count and look at each piece.
Safe treats: Children and adults should not accept and eat treats that are not wrapped by the candy manufacturer. This way it may be easier to see if the tasty treats have been tampered with. Remember to throw away anything that is suspicious.
Food Allergies: If your child has a food allergy, check the label to ensure the allergen isn’t present. Children should not to eat any home-baked goods they may have received.
Beware of Choking hazards: Very young children can choke on innocent items like gum, peanuts, hard candies, or small toys.
At SERVPRO of Gilbert, we hope that you have a Safe and Happy Halloween!
Homeowner Annual Inspection List
Keep your residential property free from loss!
Homeowners must keep their property in great shape throughout the years. It is vital to enlist the help of professionals that can help! SERVPRO of Gilbert has provided homeowners with a "To-Do List" of household items that need to be checked for your home's health.
Once a year:
- Enlist the help of a plumber or handyman to drain and check your water heater. This can help diagnose problems.
- Replace your RO (Reverse Osmosis) filer. It is best to have a plumber or RO technician to help you with this process.
Twice a year:
- Clean your faucet aerator/screens. A handyman can do this, or you can do it yourself.
- Service HVAC system. An HVAC company is the best choice for this service.
Four Times A Year:
- Replace filters. A handyman or yourself can do this. A pro-tip will be to put the size of your filters in the notes section of your cell phone if you have one. Then, set calendar alerts.
Every Two Years:
- Service your water softener. A water softener technician or plumber can help.
Every Five Years:
- Replace water supply lines with the help of a plumber
- Replace the RO (Reverse Osmosis) flex tubes
Every Ten Years:
- Replace your water heater.
Replace p-traps which are located under sinks in the kitchen and bathrooms. This can help prevent water leaks or significant floods.
- Replace angle stop or simply stop valves. These control the supply of water to the individual fixtures
- Replace the toilet wax ring
Your local plumber can help with all of these fixes.
At SERVPRO of Gilbert, we want you to keep your home safe and free of any destructive happenings. However, if you find that you are in a water, fire, or mold situation, give us a call 24/7, we are here to help with any of these emergencies. Call Us Today (480) 558-7620!
There Are Many Types Of Storm Damage Your Residence or Commercial Property Can Endure
Let SERVPRO of Gilbert Help With Your Storm Damage
In Gilbert and the surrounding communities, we can experience several kinds of storm damage. Some are wind damage, flood damage, and hail damage. Consider the following tips should your home or business be hit with storm damage.
Wind Damage Restoration
The high winds of the desert often cause severe wind damage placing your roof at risk. Your roof is particularly susceptible. The strong winds may cause flying debris to hit or lift the roof, Roof damage can be challenging homeowners and business owners, mainly because a roof leak may not be evident until the next storm hits.
Many roof leaks and roof damage hard is difficult to detect. Storms can loosen the roof without creating a problem that is not easily visible. Even small roof leaks can produce damp, moldy conditions inside your home or business. It is critical to secure roof inspection and repair immediately after high winds. Doing so can prevent long term interior damage. The professional technicians at SERVPRO of Gilbert can assist homeowners or business owners in receiving a comprehensive roof assessment and roof repair services when wind damage strikes.
Heavy rains and flooding may cause water damage from many miles away. If the land around your home or business cannot absorb the additional water, flooding will happen. Even houses and shops at higher elevations can sustain flood damage.
Hail Damage & Recovery
Hail can damage not just your roof, exterior walls, and any detached buildings. It is a great idea to hire a storm damage restoration professional to inspect your roof, exterior walls, and outbuildings for damage. Dents, nicks, and cracks on the roof are areas where hail has damaged the exterior of your home. These weakened areas can lead to other more extensive problems like water damage
After a storm, if you are not sure if there is damage to your home or business, contact the professionals at SERVPRO of Gilbert. They will access your property for any damage that could put your property at risk.
Holiday Food Drive
Our Community Food Drive
Fall is the time of year where communities come together to support local food banks for the holidays. SERVPRO of Gilbert and Chandler South has partnered with Arizona Midwest Food Bank to collect non-perishable food items for families in need. We have enlisted the help of several local businesses are joining our effort. They are:
- Mariposa Point of Mesa
- Jason Thorpe Allstate Agency
- Gerald Sajor Agency – American Family Insurance
- Mosaic Properties
- Desert Fitness
- Michael Janik Agency – State Farm
- Arizona Midwest Food Bank
- Tutor Time
- The Snyder Agency
- SERVPRO of Gilbert
- SERVPRO of Chandler South
Stop by any of these fine businesses during their regular business hours and drop off non-perishable food items for the community food drive. We all appreciate the communities we serve and strive to continue to better them. We appreciate your support. You are welcome to check out our social media posts weekly.
We Will Mitigate and Restore Commercial Property Damage!
SERVPRO of Gilbert will help with all of your commercial restoration needs.
Fire, flooding, and water damage incidents at Gilbert area at commercial properties are involved with many issues that require a technical knowledgeable, and flexible response. For SERVPRO of Gilbert, it does not matter if the problem is a small water cleanup or a large scale event, we will work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. We understand that downtime for a business is more devastating than the property damage itself. The most important thing to Gilbert area businesses is to get back up and running quickly
Our professional technicians are trained to be aware of legal and environmental concerns as we work to restore the damaged area, all while working within budgetary constraints. We understand that the time that you are not in business is lost revenue and productivity.
Our team specialized in cleanup and restoration for both commercial and residential properties. Our technicians are trained in end to end property damage restoration. We are IICRC-industry certified.
When you have a fire, water, or flood emergency, call SERVPRO of Gilbert (480) 558-7620. We are open 24/7. You will speak directly with one of our team members. And we will be there quickly to give you the help that you need.