Homeowner Annual Inspection List
Keep your residential property free from loss!
Homeowners must keep their property in great shape throughout the years. It is vital to enlist the help of professionals that can help! SERVPRO of Gilbert has provided homeowners with a "To-Do List" of household items that need to be checked for your home's health.
Once a year:
- Enlist the help of a plumber or handyman to drain and check your water heater. This can help diagnose problems.
- Replace your RO (Reverse Osmosis) filer. It is best to have a plumber or RO technician to help you with this process.
Twice a year:
- Clean your faucet aerator/screens. A handyman can do this, or you can do it yourself.
- Service HVAC system. An HVAC company is the best choice for this service.
Four Times A Year:
- Replace filters. A handyman or yourself can do this. A pro-tip will be to put the size of your filters in the notes section of your cell phone if you have one. Then, set calendar alerts.
Every Two Years:
- Service your water softener. A water softener technician or plumber can help.
Every Five Years:
- Replace water supply lines with the help of a plumber
- Replace the RO (Reverse Osmosis) flex tubes
Every Ten Years:
- Replace your water heater.
Replace p-traps which are located under sinks in the kitchen and bathrooms. This can help prevent water leaks or significant floods.
- Replace angle stop or simply stop valves. These control the supply of water to the individual fixtures
- Replace the toilet wax ring
Your local plumber can help with all of these fixes.
At SERVPRO of Gilbert, we want you to keep your home safe and free of any destructive happenings. However, if you find that you are in a water, fire, or mold situation, give us a call 24/7, we are here to help with any of these emergencies. Call Us Today (480) 558-7620!
There Are Many Types Of Storm Damage Your Residence or Commercial Property Can Endure
Let SERVPRO of Gilbert Help With Your Storm Damage
In Gilbert and the surrounding communities, we can experience several kinds of storm damage. Some are wind damage, flood damage, and hail damage. Consider the following tips should your home or business be hit with storm damage.
Wind Damage Restoration
The high winds of the desert often cause severe wind damage placing your roof at risk. Your roof is particularly susceptible. The strong winds may cause flying debris to hit or lift the roof, Roof damage can be challenging homeowners and business owners, mainly because a roof leak may not be evident until the next storm hits.
Many roof leaks and roof damage hard is difficult to detect. Storms can loosen the roof without creating a problem that is not easily visible. Even small roof leaks can produce damp, moldy conditions inside your home or business. It is critical to secure roof inspection and repair immediately after high winds. Doing so can prevent long term interior damage. The professional technicians at SERVPRO of Gilbert can assist homeowners or business owners in receiving a comprehensive roof assessment and roof repair services when wind damage strikes.
Heavy rains and flooding may cause water damage from many miles away. If the land around your home or business cannot absorb the additional water, flooding will happen. Even houses and shops at higher elevations can sustain flood damage.
Hail Damage & Recovery
Hail can damage not just your roof, exterior walls, and any detached buildings. It is a great idea to hire a storm damage restoration professional to inspect your roof, exterior walls, and outbuildings for damage. Dents, nicks, and cracks on the roof are areas where hail has damaged the exterior of your home. These weakened areas can lead to other more extensive problems like water damage
After a storm, if you are not sure if there is damage to your home or business, contact the professionals at SERVPRO of Gilbert. They will access your property for any damage that could put your property at risk.
Holiday Food Drive
Our Community Food Drive
Fall is the time of year where communities come together to support local food banks for the holidays. SERVPRO of Gilbert and Chandler South has partnered with Arizona Midwest Food Bank to collect non-perishable food items for families in need. We have enlisted the help of several local businesses are joining our effort. They are:
- Mariposa Point of Mesa
- Jason Thorpe Allstate Agency
- Gerald Sajor Agency – American Family Insurance
- Mosaic Properties
- Desert Fitness
- Michael Janik Agency – State Farm
- Arizona Midwest Food Bank
- Tutor Time
- The Snyder Agency
- SERVPRO of Gilbert
- SERVPRO of Chandler South
Stop by any of these fine businesses during their regular business hours and drop off non-perishable food items for the community food drive. We all appreciate the communities we serve and strive to continue to better them. We appreciate your support. You are welcome to check out our social media posts weekly.
We Will Mitigate and Restore Commercial Property Damage!
SERVPRO of Gilbert will help with all of your commercial restoration needs.
Fire, flooding, and water damage incidents at Gilbert area at commercial properties are involved with many issues that require a technical knowledgeable, and flexible response. For SERVPRO of Gilbert, it does not matter if the problem is a small water cleanup or a large scale event, we will work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. We understand that downtime for a business is more devastating than the property damage itself. The most important thing to Gilbert area businesses is to get back up and running quickly
Our professional technicians are trained to be aware of legal and environmental concerns as we work to restore the damaged area, all while working within budgetary constraints. We understand that the time that you are not in business is lost revenue and productivity.
Our team specialized in cleanup and restoration for both commercial and residential properties. Our technicians are trained in end to end property damage restoration. We are IICRC-industry certified.
When you have a fire, water, or flood emergency, call SERVPRO of Gilbert (480) 558-7620. We are open 24/7. You will speak directly with one of our team members. And we will be there quickly to give you the help that you need.
Flood Safety Tips During Severe Weather
Safety First When You See Flood Waters! "Turn Around Don't Drown!"
While Monsoon Season has not hit our communities in full force … yet! We must be reminded of flood safety tips.
Take a look at your surroundings. Make sure that a safe location during a flood emergency has been identified for both your family and coworkers. When you are told to evacuate, do not wait! Leave immediately. Make sure that you are tuned into NOAA weather, EAS or local news stations for up to date information and instructions.
Should you see barricades, do not drive around them. First responders put the barricades up to safely redirect traffic. Never walk, swim, or drive through floodwaters. “Turn-Around. Don’t Drown!” It is essential to stay off bridges. Flood water can wash bridges away without any warning. Should you get caught in your car in rising waters stay inside unless the water starts to come in then move to the roof of your vehicle. Always go to the highest point.
If your home or business sustains, flood damage call SERVPRO of Gilbert (480) 558-7620. We are “Faster to any disaster.” Our team can help you with the mitigation of flood damage and restore your property to “Like it never even happened.”
Dryer Fire Dangers!
Be careful of not taking care of your commercial or residential dryers.
Understanding the risks associated with clothes dryers if not taken care of properly is essential. One of the most neglected areas are the dryer vents and the lint filter adding to the risk of a home or business fire.
Follow these simple safety tips that can prevent a fire in your dryer.
- Dyers should be is installed and maintained by a certified professional.
- Always make sure that your dryer has a lint filter. Clean the screen before each cycle. Use a dryer lint brush to clean the inside of the lint trap. Lint can build up in the trap.
- Make sure to clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up over time.
- Check the venting system in the back of the dryer to make sure that it is not damaged, crushed, or restricted in any way.
- Look outside to make sure the outdoor vent is clear, and there is no lint or obstructions.
- Every so often to clean your dryer tub. Take a clean cloth with a small amount of rubbing alcohol and clean the tub. Let it dry completely.
Keeping your family and customer safe is important to us at SERVPRO of Gilbert. In the event of a dryer fire at your home or business, call us (480) 558-7620 for 24/7 emergency service. Our team of trained professionals will help restore any fire damage emergency. Quickly we bring your home or business back to. “Like it never even happened."
Carbon Monoxide - A Silent Killer
Beware of Carbon Monoxide in Your Home!
Carbon Monoxide is challenging to detect and is often called the silent killer. You can't see or smell carbon monoxide. It has no smell, color, or taste. However, at high levels, it can poison or kill a person or pets in minutes.
It is essential to recognize the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. They can include a dull headache, dizziness, muscle weakness, confusion, nausea or vomiting, blurred vision, confusion or heart, and respiratory diseases. If you suspect any of your symptoms are related to carbon monoxide, move to fresh air and get out of your home immediately — call 911. The experts will come and access any issues you may have in your home.
It is crucial to inspect all fuel-burning appliances, fireplaces, wood stoves, etc. by a trained professional every year. They can ensure that your home is safe. It is also vital to have carbon monoxide detectors in your home. There are many options available and are easy to install and test regularly.
At SERVPRO of Gilbert, we are concerned about your families safety.
What The Haboob?
Arizona Desert Haboob! We can help with storm damage!
It is essential to know that whether you are visiting or a resident of Arizona - Haboobs or Dust Storms can pose a real danger! So, what is a Haboob? It is an Arizona dust storm that is caused when cold air from a thunderstorm rushes toward the ground. The mix of desert heat and cold air causes large amounts of dust and sand to create a massive cloud. While most dust storms can be small, there have been very large haboobs in the Valley area.
It is important to know a few Haboob Safety tips!
- If you are caught outside, take a piece of cloth and cover your nose and mouth. If you can dampen the fabric, do so. Keep your sunglasses or glasses on. Shield your head with your arms or any shelter you have available like a backpack, blanket, or pillow. Do not try to outrun the storm; it is easy to get lost.
- Just like a severe rainstorm or monsoon, do not drive. If you find yourself on the road, pull over to the right side. Turn your engine off and close all windows and vents. Cover your face with fabric and put your sunglasses or glasses on to protect your eyes.
- If you are at home and have time, try to secure lawn furniture or items that can be carried off in the wind. Close and lock all windows and doors. Do not go outside until the storm is over.
- You should wait until the storm has subsided before you attempt to leave your place of safety. The impacts of a Haboob or dust storm can last for days after. Your security and the safety of your family and pets are the primary concern. It is normal to want to head outside after a storm but wait until you are sure the danger has passed.
The after-effects of a storm can last for days. Should you suffer storm damage from a dust storm or Haboob, call SERVPRO of Gilbert (480) 558-7620 . We offer board-up services and are available to help 24/7 for all your restoration and storm damage concerns.
Irrigation Systems Can Cause Interior Water Damage
Commercial and residential flooding is most associated with floods, heavy rains, broken water pipes, overflowing appliances. Sprinkler systems can have a severe impact on your home or business.
A movable lawn sprinklers or irrigation systems can cause water damage. It does not take long to destroy the interior of your home or commercial property with not only water but the potential of mold growth if it is not treated adequately by professionals.
To prevent this from happening.
- Have your irrigation system at a minimum checked annually
- Walk around your property to see if there is puddling around a sprinkler head
- Make sure that your irrigation system delivers an equal amount of water in each area and that it does not overshoot the area.
- Make sure that you keep a close eye on lawn and garden movable sprinklers
- Do not allow your hoses to run alongside the structure of your home or business.
- If there is a leak at the outdoor water spigot, have it checked by a licensed professional
Movable sprinklers and irrigation systems do make your home or business look beautiful by caring for your lawn and gardens. However, failure to maintain and take care of these systems could lead to costly water damage and mold growth.
If you suffer from a flood, water, or mold damage, SERVPRO of Gilbert is here to help. Call our professionally trained technicians 24/7 at (480) 558-7620.
Where Can You Find Kitchen Mold?
Mold Strikes In the Kitchen
Mold is found in both the interior and exterior of your home. Mold spores thrive on moisture, dark places, and oxygen supply. Mold thrives in temperatures between 72 to 82 degrees. There is no specific amount water or humidity that mold needs to survive. If it is a little damp or very humid mold can grow.
Many times mold will begin to grow in places that you cannot see. It can grow inside walls due to water lines and other plumbing pipes that have been cracked or separated. Condensation on plumbing lines and a high humidity environment can lead to the growth of mold.
Commonly mold is found in kitchens. Some of the primary sources of water can be:
- Dishwasher leaks
- Sink supply and drain lines
- Washing Machine supply and drain lines
- Condensation on pipes underneath the sink
- Counter-tops and back-splashes that are not installed
- Wet Cabinets
- Any spills that are not properly cleaned up
There is no need to panic if your home or business has any of these issues. SERVPRO of Gilbert is prepared to restore your home or business from water and mold damage. Call us (480) 558-7620; we are available 24/7 when your water, fire, flood and mold disaster strikes.