Homeowner Annual Inspection List
Keep your residential property free from loss!
Homeowners must keep their property in great shape throughout the years. It is vital to enlist the help of professionals that can help! SERVPRO of Gilbert has provided homeowners with a "To-Do List" of household items that need to be checked for your home's health.
Once a year:
- Enlist the help of a plumber or handyman to drain and check your water heater. This can help diagnose problems.
- Replace your RO (Reverse Osmosis) filer. It is best to have a plumber or RO technician to help you with this process.
Twice a year:
- Clean your faucet aerator/screens. A handyman can do this, or you can do it yourself.
- Service HVAC system. An HVAC company is the best choice for this service.
Four Times A Year:
- Replace filters. A handyman or yourself can do this. A pro-tip will be to put the size of your filters in the notes section of your cell phone if you have one. Then, set calendar alerts.
Every Two Years:
- Service your water softener. A water softener technician or plumber can help.
Every Five Years:
- Replace water supply lines with the help of a plumber
- Replace the RO (Reverse Osmosis) flex tubes
Every Ten Years:
- Replace your water heater.
Replace p-traps which are located under sinks in the kitchen and bathrooms. This can help prevent water leaks or significant floods.
- Replace angle stop or simply stop valves. These control the supply of water to the individual fixtures
- Replace the toilet wax ring
Your local plumber can help with all of these fixes.
At SERVPRO of Gilbert, we want you to keep your home safe and free of any destructive happenings. However, if you find that you are in a water, fire, or mold situation, give us a call 24/7, we are here to help with any of these emergencies. Call Us Today (480) 558-7620!
Why Choose SERVPRO of Gilbert
Disasters can be catastrophic for homes and businesses. Whether caused by water, fire, or storms, they can turn your world upside down. Even the strongest of us can feel helpless, not knowing where to turn after a catastrophe. But fortunately for you, SERVPRO of Gilbert ready to help you.
Why choose SERVPRO of Gilbert when all the other companies make the same claims? Your property is probably the biggest investment that you will ever make, it is important to choose a company with the knowledge, equipment experience and reputation you can trust to return your property to its preloss condition or even better. We make your disaster "Like it never even happened."
Three of the Reasons to Use SERVPRO of Gilbert
1. Training –We’re trained to IICRC’s high standards in fire and water cleanup and restoration, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and other cleaning and restoration courses. Our industry professionals regularly attend SERVPRO continuing education classes locally and at the corporate offices.
2. Equipment – Our equipment is up to the standards set by IICRC. We use moisture detection, measurement, water extraction, drying, odor removal and deodorization equipment. This equipment can completely clean and remove the effects of water, mold, soot, smoke, odor and more. The technological advancements have allowed SERVPRO of Gilbert to restore property quickly back to its preloss condition.
3. Experience – SERVPRO has been in business for over 50 years. We have a team of over 1,700 franchises nationwide. The team at SERVPRO of Gilbert provides years of restoration and insurance experience. This knowledge will only increase your experience with us!
When you need to call a disaster restoration company, call SERVPRO of Gilbert (480) 558-7620!
Before You Leave For The Summer
Many of our winter visitors will begin their migration back to their northern homes over the next several weeks. To make the transition easier for your families, it is important to begin to ready your home over the next few weeks before you leave.
Consider some of the following items to be added to your list of things to do weeks to days before you leave.
· Go to your local post office. Make arrangements for your mail or any regular deliveries to be forwarded or stopped to your new location. The post office does recommend that giving them notice least ten days to the effective date.
· Contact your newspaper. Let them know when to stop and resume your service.
· Contact telephone, Internet service provider, and cable or satellite TV provider to put your service on hold until you return.
· If you have an HOA in your community, notify them when you will be leaving and returning . Likewise, let friends and neighbors in the community know, as well. Enlist the help of a neighbor if you do not have a home service provider to check on your property from time to time. It is one more set of eyes on your property. Leave a list of your preferred list of contractors with contact information.
· Consider storing any valuables and important documents that you are leaving in a safe deposit box.
· Coordinate emptying of refrigerator with trash and recycling pickup. Begin cleaning out the refrigerator and cabinets of items that will expire or are not stored in air tight containers.
· Landscape maintenance –Desert plants love the heat and will grow quickly and out of control. Make sure that all of the yard debris is cleaned and transported away. When possible contract a landscaper that you know and trust that will maintain your summer landscaping and sprinkler system.
· Summer in Arizona can the perfect storm of wild fires and monsoons. If a wash is close to your property make sure that the desert plants are maintained so there is not a direct path to you home in the event of a fire.
· Pool and hot tub maintenance. Enlist the help of a reputable pool service. Set expectations for pool and hot tub maintenance. Making sure the heat is off but the pumps are good working condition.
· Check the exterior of your home and the roof. The summer monsoons are a real event in Arizona. The amount of rain and intensity of the storm can vary. They can be very intense leaving your home a target for high winds, hard rain, flooding and the potential for debris to impact your home. Make sure that your contractor checks the exterior of your home and roof before you leave. Call your roofer to assess the roof’s ability to survive the strong storm activity.
· Whether you live in a single family home or a condo, owners should have the main water value shut off. This can prevent flooding in your home. Contact a local plumber to make sure that this action will not impact your sprinkler system and ensure it will not lead standing water in or around your home. Ask about your water softener if you have one. Find out any steps you need to take to ensure it is in proper working order when you return.
· Check all appliances to make sure that all maintenance has been done. Empty your refrigerator and garbage to prevent mold, bugs and rodents from being attracted to your home.
· Contact your local pest control company. Make sure that they keep your maintenance inside and outside up to date before you leave.
· Do not forget to make sure that all lights, fans, televisions, appliances, entertainment systems etc. are unplugged. Open the doors to the washing machine, dryer and dishwasher – this can prevent mold and mildew.
· Have your HVAC professional check your air conditioner before you leave. Ask them for a recommended temperature while you are away. Most will recommend between 85 and 90 degrees.
· Make sure that you replace the batteries of any backup systems you may have. Some may include, security systems, thermostats, fire and carbon monoxide detectors
· Remove and combustible or flammable materials from the garage. This can help in preventing a fire.
· As you are walking out the door turn off your water heater off to prevent potential water damage.
In the event of a water or fire mitigation or restoration emergency SERVPRO of Gilbert is ready to help with:
· Water Damage Restoration
· Fire Damage Restoration
· Mold Remediation
· Storm Damage Restoration
· Cleaning Services
· Building Services
Between restoration and the insurance industries, our team has nearly a century of combined experience and expertise. With a 24/7 response from Gateway to downtown Gilbert, our professionals can offer effective mitigation service designed to save our customers time and money on the restoration work that their home or business requires. No matter the emergency or when it occurs, our team can make it “Like it never even happened.”
We offer our customers:
· 24-Hour Emergency Service · Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
· A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
· Locally Owned and Operated
· Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
And, we are Faster to Any Disaster!
Gilbert Monsoon Season--Get Ready for Help from SERVPRO, and Fast!
SERVPRO of Gilbert Is Here to Help During Monsoon Season
Why SERVPRO Provides Emergency Support to Gilbert Residents during Monsoon Season
Between June and September, Arizona is subject to the monsoon season. These periods can be particularly arduous for homeowners as heavy rainfall alongside storms can expose any structural weaknesses. We operate an emergency response unit during this time of year to help the community with flash flooding, storm damages or other personal property harm.
Our technicians are capable of performing necessary mitigation to limit the loss and employ advanced equipment to help residents with the Monsoon Season in Gilbert. As a restorer, one of our primary duties is to enter a property after damages and perform timely remediation task that can significantly limit losses. Straight line winds can shear off roofs requiring fast service to cover them with blue tarps and plywood temporarily. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster; this means we can mitigate water and wind damage from punctured roofs.
A flash flood, from a monsoon, for example, can result in power lines being shut-off at the source. We are capable of restoring the power to property or bringing in a temporary generator to allow contractors to perform remodeling or rebuilding works. SERVPRO can also conduct a thorough risk assessment, noting potential hazards, checking the strength of floors and staircases to make sure there is a safe workspace for anyone entering the property.
It is also during this initial inspection that we carry out some of our most important tasks designed to mitigate loss. Standing water causes more damage the longer it is allowed to sit. We can perform timely water removal services using gas-pumps, extraction units, and advanced drying methods to ensure the prevention of permanent losses.
In the right conditions, microbes present in water can quickly result in the proliferation of mold colonies. Our job is to ensure that does not happen by controlling humidity levels, drying the property and then treating it with anti-microbial chemicals, biocides or sanitizers. SERVPRO act quickly to carry out these tasks because they can lead to a significant reduction in property damages during the monsoon season.
Our emergency response units are available round the clock for emergency services during June and September. Contact SERVPRO of Gilbert at (480) 558-7620 anytime, twenty-four hours a day.
Keep an eye on the local weather by clicking here.
Gilbert Water Damage Problems? Every Second Counts--Call SERVPRO Right Now!
SERVPRO Says Eliminate Large Water Loss Jobs by Calling Us for Fast Service in the Gilbert Area
Fast Responses to Water Loss Lead to Less Trouble in Gilbert
One of the main reasons people across the country trust SERVPRO to provide superior water damage mitigation in towns like Gilbert is thanks to our 24/7 capability to respond quickly to your call for help.
For many water damage disasters or mishaps in Gilbert, just a few hours added on to an initial response time can make thousands of dollars' difference in the final bill for restorations and repairs. Our response strategy leaves as little room as possible for water to soak in and cause damage before we arrive. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Water damage to a home cannot be prevented completely by a fast-acting mitigation service, but we can significantly lessen the effects of it. If you call us as soon as the damage occurs, you guarantee that professionals arrive within four hours to begin drying the area and implementing preventative measures against further damage. Even if the accident happens late at night, do not wait until morning to call us - those few hours could make all the difference.
SERVPRO of Gilbert is a local professional damage restoration company dedicated to helping you overcome damage to your home with as little fuss as possible. Call us at (480) 558-7620.
Welcome to our city by clicking right here.
How Can You Prepare for Monsoons in San Tan Valley?
You can trust the SERVPRO Brand to restore your monsoon damaged home.
Preparing for San Tan Valley Monsoon Flood Damage Risk is Why SERVPRO Should Be On Your Speed Dial
It usually is impossible to predict just how severe the San Tan Valley monsoon season will be each year. Usually, homes maintain their integrity, shedding any rain and avoiding the damage high winds can bring. Some summers bring more intense weather systems, with higher rainfall and stronger winds. Not knowing this year’s outcome is why we prepare for the worst to help our customers.
If your home is in the path of a particularly fierce or protracted monsoon system, the flood damage to your dwelling in San Tan Valley can be significant. Our mission is to be ready to respond to any disaster suffered by our customers. We commit to seeking out and supporting the best training for our crews. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, Restoration, and Certification courses completed by our team explains why we deliver industry-leading restoration results.
Homeowners can take steps to prepare for the harm swift waters and high winds can bring to their abodes. Keeping roofs and gutter drainage systems in good repair are proactive efforts that pay dividends, directing rain off the shell of your home and away from your foundation. Readying for the worse is why SERVPRO recommends evaluating your storage decisions with an eye to a potentially catastrophic monsoon season. Move contents away from lower levels of your home and install appliances and HVAC systems on strong supports raising them above flood stage.
Be aware of the destructive potential of monsoon season. Research where in your neighborhood gullies and dry washes have filled with flash flooding before, and be sure to stay away from those areas during a monsoon. Realize that you might not be able to prevent flooding in your home during the season, but you can control how you respond. Consider partnering with SERVPRO if circumstances require professional assistance.
When asked why SERVPRO is your go-to for flood water mitigation emphasize you want a thoroughly professional resource that offers water removal and drying service fast. Equally important is finding a restoration company that works for you with the compassion and sensitivity that balances how stressful recovering from monsoon damage can feel.
Professional pride and a desire to help others in need are why SERVPRO of Gilbert focuses on preparing well for monsoon season. Call us at (480) 558-7620 if your home suffers flood damage because of these seasonal storms.
Read about San Tan Valley here.
Are You Making These Kinds of Water Damage Mistakes in Your Gilbert Home?
When a pipe breaks, the water damage can happen very quickly. React fast by calling SERVPRO for water removal and remediation services.
Leaking Fixtures Could Allow Water Damage to Gilbert Homes
Indoor plumbing has revolutionized the world and is a staple for every Gilbert home constructed over nearly the past century. Surprisingly enough, many of the older homes still feature the same fixtures, connections, and piping used in the original construction. While this might provide a vintage feel and attest to the craftsmanship of plumbing in days gone by, it also presents an ever-present threat for adverse conditions or pressure differences to strain elbows and joints until leaks form. A steady leak unseen can cause widespread damages to your home.
While you might not be able to identify the full measure of water damage to your Gilbert home from a steady leak from your plumbing or its fixtures, once you recognize an issue, it is likely that an even greater area has gotten affected in wall cavities where the bulk of the piping is hidden. When you encounter water damage like this, you need effective mitigation and restoration solutions that can happen as soon as you need them. That is why our SERVPRO rapid response team remains available 24/7 to address emergencies as they happen to any property within our service area.
We have advanced technology to help us identify leaks and moisture pockets in areas difficult to assess without demolition or controlled tear out. With thermal imagery cameras, we can determine where damp areas are inside of wall cavities and into other materials to designate the best locations for drying equipment like air movers and dehumidifiers. Severe moisture pockets could require the use of injectidry systems that feed hot air directly into these cavities to expedite the drying process.
Aging pipes in your home can ultimately cause problems when the wear and tear catch up to the weakest connection points. No matter how long pipes have been in service, our SERVPRO of Gilbert water restoration technicians can help you to restore the damage they can cause when things do go wrong. Give our experienced professionals a call anytime that you notice water damage by calling (480) 558-7620.
Click here for more information about Gilbert.