Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Where Can You Find Kitchen Mold?
Mold Strikes In the Kitchen
Mold is found in both the interior and exterior of your home. Mold spores thrive on moisture, dark places, and oxygen supply. Mold thrives in temperatures between 72 to 82 degrees. There is no specific amount water or humidity that mold needs to survive. If it is a little damp or very humid mold can grow.
Many times mold will begin to grow in places that you cannot see. It can grow inside walls due to water lines and other plumbing pipes that have been cracked or separated. Condensation on plumbing lines and a high humidity environment can lead to the growth of mold.
Commonly mold is found in kitchens. Some of the primary sources of water can be:
- Dishwasher leaks
- Sink supply and drain lines
- Washing Machine supply and drain lines
- Condensation on pipes underneath the sink
- Counter-tops and back-splashes that are not installed
- Wet Cabinets
- Any spills that are not properly cleaned up
There is no need to panic if your home or business has any of these issues. SERVPRO of Gilbert is prepared to restore your home or business from water and mold damage. Call us (480) 558-7620; we are available 24/7 when your water, fire, flood and mold disaster strikes.
Having a broken water heater in your home can present a danger to your home. Water damage is an obvious threat to your home when you have a leaking water heater. It is crucial to consider the additional cost the water can do. If the issue is not detected quickly, it may come into contact with the power outlets that surround the area which only adds fire and electrical hazards to your home or business.
Some the steps follow when your water heater so awry are:
- Turn off the water source immediately. The leak will only continue to flow as you are trying to remove the liquid. Also, not turning it off increases the likelihood that it will impact electrical equipment
- Use a mop and old towels to remove the water.
- If you have had the issue for a while, mold or bacteria may be present. Both like to grow in warm damp places. Also, this environment is target rich for drywall, wood structure, and other personal and business property.
Call SERVPRO of Gilbert is there to help mitigate the mold in your home or place of business. We use specialized mold remediation equipment and products. Our highly trained mold remediation technicians are here to support you in your time of need.
If you see signs of mold, call us (480) 558-7620, call us today! We are happy to help!
This is a recent mold job SERVPRO of Gilbert & Chandler South cleaned up. Time is of the essence with any water damage.
A Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture, and Your Home
Mold Cleanup Guidelines
Click on the links below to view these guidelines.
Water damage can cause mold to grow in as little as 72 hours. The best way to decrease chances of mold growth is to act quickly and have professionals dry out your home.
SERVPRO of Gilbert & Chandler South will be there for any water cleanup or mold remediation you may need, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Give us a call today for an estimate or to start restoring your home. We will work directly with your insurance company to help get you back to normal as quickly as possible.