The Dangers of Flash Flooding During Monsoon Season
Weather experts predict a wetter than normal monsoon season for this summer for the phoenix metro area. Considering we had little to no rain last summer and a very dry fall and winter, this makes the rain a welcoming site for our dry parched land which is extremely susceptible to wildfires currently.
With these potential large downfalls though, we could see the danger of flash flooding. If you find yourself in heavy rain keep a few safety precautions in mind.
- Never drive into flood waters. Most flash flood deaths occur in vehicles when people feel they might be able outrun the floodwaters.
- A vehicle can be swept away in as little as 12”-18” of flood waters.
- Be alert for rising water.
- Get to high ground immediately.
- Don’t camp in streambeds or washes.
If you find that flooding has affected your home and you have water damage, call us immediately in order to avoid further loss. SERVPRO of Gilbert can help protect your home and get you back to “Like it never even happened".