Have A Safe Holiday Season!
The glow of the tree; the twinkle of candlelight; the crackling of a warm fire; the smell of cookies in the oven; all bring memories of holidays past and present. Make sure that your home is safe during this holiday season.
A few thoughts on holiday safety;
- Make sure that Christmas trees, candles, and other holiday decorations at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, portable heaters, radiators, heat vents, and candles.
- Holiday decorations should be in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords and always follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Unplug tree and holiday lights before leaving your home or going to bed.
- Always extinguish candles before leaving the room or before going to bed.
- Make sure that your tree stand is sturdy.
- Keep curious pets and children away from Christmas trees.
- Keep anything that can catch on fire--like potholders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, food packaging, and towels away from your stovetop.
- At the end of the day, walk around your property to ensure all candles and smoking materials are properly extinguished.
At SERVPRO of Gilbert, we wish you, your family and friends a safe and happy holiday season.