Dryer Fire Dangers!
Understanding the risks associated with clothes dryers if not taken care of properly is essential. One of the most neglected areas are the dryer vents and the lint filter adding to the risk of a home or business fire.
Follow these simple safety tips that can prevent a fire in your dryer.
- Dyers should be is installed and maintained by a certified professional.
- Always make sure that your dryer has a lint filter. Clean the screen before each cycle. Use a dryer lint brush to clean the inside of the lint trap. Lint can build up in the trap.
- Make sure to clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up over time.
- Check the venting system in the back of the dryer to make sure that it is not damaged, crushed, or restricted in any way.
- Look outside to make sure the outdoor vent is clear, and there is no lint or obstructions.
- Every so often to clean your dryer tub. Take a clean cloth with a small amount of rubbing alcohol and clean the tub. Let it dry completely.
Keeping your family and customer safe is important to us at SERVPRO of Gilbert. In the event of a dryer fire at your home or business, call us (480) 558-7620 for 24/7 emergency service. Our team of trained professionals will help restore any fire damage emergency. Quickly we bring your home or business back to. “Like it never even happened."