Tips for Monsoon Season
Monsoon season will be on us soon. It will begin in June and move through September. Monsoons can cause a whole host of problems for desert dwellers. First and foremost, it is important to remember that some have a tendency to underestimate the force and power of water that can fall quickly and in great amounts. Keeping safe during this season is important for not only your family but your property as well.
Some tips to consider for this monsoon season might be:
- Find out if you live or work in a flood prone area. If you do, have an evacuation plan in place that brings everyone to safety.
- Flood prevention is key. Make sure that you have sandbags, plywood, plastic sheeting and lumber on hand for a water emergency. Store these items in a dry area that is way from water. This way will be able to make quick repairs.
- Secure any outdoor items that could potentially float away.
- Know where the high ground is in your area so you can move to this place of safety quickly should the need arise.
- Make sure to reach out your local insurance agent. Make sure that you have the proper insurance in the event of this type of disaster.
- Call SERVPRO of Gilbert which is locally owned and operated should a flood disaster impact your home or business. Our dedicated team of technicians have many years of experience in the insurance and disaster recovery industry. We will respond to your emergency 24/7 to meet your needs.
“We’re faster to any disaster.”
Call Us Today for your professional disaster recovery needs. (480) 558-7620