Wildfire Safety Tips
Brush or wildfire fire season begins in April and continues through September. It is important that home and business owners create a well maintained live vegetation zone to prevent damage to homes and businesses. This creates a defensible space. Planted in this area should only be small plants and ground cover. This prevents a continuous path of flammable materials to your home or business.
A few quick tips for wildfire prevention:
- Maintain all landscaping continuously for maximum fire prevention. Removing all dead materials especially grasses and weeds which can spread quickly.
- Make sure that trees are neatly trimmed making sure that there are no dead branches.
- Keep roofs free of any debris
- Do not stack wood or other flammable materials within 30 feet of your home or business.
- Attach a garden hose to your outdoor faucets. This will allow you to have water available should the need arise.
- Make sure that all cigarettes or similar materials in proper receptacles. Do not through cigarettes, etc. on the ground.
When in doubt call your local fire department for a safety inspection.
SERVPRO of Gilbert is ready to help with any fire or water emergency. We are a large loss recovery team able to assist with emergencies small or large. We will remove and debris, offer clean up services for water and fire, air quality improvement, odor removal and other restoration services to help restore your property.
“We’re Faster to Any Disaster”
Call us at (480) 558-7620