Having a broken water heater in your home can present a danger to your home. Water damage is an obvious threat to your home when you have a leaking water heater. It is crucial to consider the additional cost the water can do. If the issue is not detected quickly, it may come into contact with the power outlets that surround the area which only adds fire and electrical hazards to your home or business.
Some the steps follow when your water heater so awry are:
- Turn off the water source immediately. The leak will only continue to flow as you are trying to remove the liquid. Also, not turning it off increases the likelihood that it will impact electrical equipment
- Use a mop and old towels to remove the water.
- If you have had the issue for a while, mold or bacteria may be present. Both like to grow in warm damp places. Also, this environment is target rich for drywall, wood structure, and other personal and business property.
Call SERVPRO of Gilbert is there to help mitigate the mold in your home or place of business. We use specialized mold remediation equipment and products. Our highly trained mold remediation technicians are here to support you in your time of need.
If you see signs of mold, call us (480) 558-7620, call us today! We are happy to help!