Local Queen Creek Resturant Suffers Kitchen Fire
This local Queen Creek restaurant suffered a kitchen fire under their cook top range, temporally closing the restaurant. Fires that occur with grease and food involved can be particularly difficult to clean and have a powerful acrid smoke smell due to stubborn smoke particles that float in the air and land of every surface near the affected area. Our crews at SERVPRO of Gilbert, using specialized cleaning products, where able to take care of the cleanup and get the restaurant owner ready for reconstruction. Due to our quick professional response this restaurant was able to open its doors once again.
Tips If A Grease Fire Starts In Your Home:
- Cover the flames with a metal lid or cookie sheet. Leave the cover on until it has cooled.
- Turn off the heat source.
- If it’s small and manageable, pour baking soda or salt on it to smother the fire.
- If the above has not worked use a fire extinguisher classified as Class B.
- Do not try to put our the fire with water.
- Do not attempt to move the pot or pan outside.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Do not use flour, baking powder or other cooking powders that resemble baking soda or salt – they have a different chemical makeup and will not react similarly. They will make the fire worse.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO EXTINGUISH THE GREASE FIRE:
- GET YOU AND YOUR FAMILY OUT OF THE HOME IMMEDIATELY!
- Close the door as you leave to help contain the fire.
- Call 911 as soon as you are at a safe distance from the fire.
- Do not re-enter your home until the OK by firefighters.