Storm Causes Muddy Mess At Local University
This season’s early monsoon storm brought about heavy torrential rain and wind. A local university suffered heavy water damage causing water, mud and rock to overflow into this utility storage closet. Our crews worked late into the night to mitigate the damage so that the facility was able to get back up and running.
Monsoon Safety Tips Before a Storm
- Always be aware of the day’s forecast and keep up to date on changing conditions during the day. Monsoons can develop quickly and move rapidly.
- Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage.
- Have extra light and power handy. Keep batteries, flashlights and a battery-operated radio or TV on hand to keep you up to date during severe weather.
- Create an emergency preparedness plan and kit.
- Have SERVPRO of Gilbert's phone number in a easy to find place such as posted on your refrigerator or placed in you emergency Kit. WE are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. (480) 558-7620.